Halloween Descriptive Writing

Are you looking for a last minute Halloween activity? Maybe something fun but also engaging and incorporates writing?? I was searching for an activity for my students that was a little "spooky" but also followed the curriculum, too and I couldn't find anything.  So....I created these Halloween Descriptive Writing Task Cards.


These cards can be used to practice descriptive writing, as story starters, journal entries or even as daily warm ups.
How I use them: I give each student a task card and a graphic organizer. (There are 20 task cards. Most are a little scary like the ones below, but there are a few cute ones for those students who may not like Halloween.)  I project the task card on the board while they describe it to the class using their five senses.





Graphic Organizer





No comments

Back to Top