Halloween Contests for the Classroom - Free Printables

Looking for some Halloween fun in the classroom? Halloween is my favorite holiday and I love that there are so many great activities to do with students this time of year! I put together a few printables for you to use in your classroom, including a language arts, math and art contest.
                                             


  1. Language Arts: Short Story Writing- My students are learning story elements and plot this month. We are reading short stories, but not writing them. So why not have them write a scary short story for Halloween? To get them excited and thinking, we go over possible characters: a witch, a zombie, a vampire, etc. Spooky settings are fun, too! Graveyards, haunted houses. You could even give them a story starter, "It was a dark and stormy night."

 2.  Art: Since it is a little difficult (and dangerous!) to have a pumpkin carving contest, why not have a pumpkin decorating contest with paper? I love any art projects with my ELL kids because I am always amazed at their talent.

3. Math: How Many Candy Corn Are In the Jar? - This is a lot of fun in math class. Of course, you can use any candy for this contest. (I like fall colored M&Ms!)

To download these printables, click here!

Thanks for looking!


No comments

Back to Top